2018 - 2022
- Growth in Population with a 2.3% increase in population since 2016 census following years of suffering a decline in population.
- Growth in Housing/Development with a record number of permits issued.
- Growth in Business as evidenced by Business Park Sales and a significant increase in foreign direct investment inquiries.
- Attracted new companies / large businesses (Cascades Casino, United Industries, Harbour Technologies, Dajcor (retention and growth) with more to come.
- Sold Navistar property that is being redeveloped after being vacant for 10+ years.
- Spurred growth in the number of Public / Private Partnerships.
- Sold the WDC Rail Line.
- Managed the successful recovery and management efforts through Covid re: Erie Shore Drive and Wheatley (secured $4.95 million for Wheatley recovery from Provincial government).
- Renewed and improved our CIP (Community Improvement Program) that has spurred new development and investment in our communities.
- Received numerous endorsements confirming that CK is now known as a great place to conduct business.
- Established a more open and transparent government and have conducted a record number of community consultations on various issues.
- Improved Chatham-Kent’s reputation (moved up to #27 in 2021 from #126 in 2019 on Macleans Magazine list of Best Communities in Canada).
The Next 4 Years
- Invest in infrastructure necessary to upgrade our communities and to attract businesses.
- Continue to eliminate practices that frustrate existing business and stiﬂe new development.
- Seek out and encourage more public private partnerships.
- Complete downtown community revitalization plans.
- Deliver enhanced and expanded Arts and Culture programs and amenities.
- Upgrade and improve sports and recreation facilities and programs across CK.
- Support new initiatives to tackle mental health and addiction.
- Create more affordable housing that is one of the key components to resolving homelessness.
- Continuing my long term commitment to promoting CK and enhancing the quality of life experiences for residents.
Representing All of Chatham-Kent
- Chatham-Kent’s Mayor from 2018 – 2022 (Current Position)
- Director of Finance and CFO of Transform SSO
- Controller – Greenﬁeld Specialty Alcohols Inc.
- Director of Planning and Forecasting, Union Gas
- Director of Strategic Development, Union Gas
- Manager of Taxation Services at KPMG
- Current Chair of Crowfest 2022
- Reintroduced the very popular Festival of Nations
- Introduced Positivity Day in CK in 2016 to engage our community in collectively working towards creating a more positive culture in Chatham-Kent
- Introduced the ‘Festival of Giving’ to Chatham-Kent 17 years ago that has raised nearly $3,000,000 for local charities
- Initiated ‘The Amazing Race Chatham-Kent’ in 2006 to kick off the annual United Way Campaign
- Introduced The Decatholon and Hallowbash to raise funds for the Children’s Safety Village and the Acceptional Riders Program at TJ Stables
- Funded and promoted nine concerts at the Capital Theatre dubbed ‘The Children’s Concert Series’ that raised over $75,000 in support of the Children’s Treatment Centre Foundation
- Chatham-Kent Citizen of the Year in 2006
- Mayor Of Chatham-Kent from 2018 – 2022
- C-K Councilor for Ward 6 from 2014-2018
- Current Chair of Crowfest 2022
- Co-Chair of the 2018 International Plowing Match
- Volunteer Chair of the ChathamKent’s Prosperity Roundtable
- Director of the Foundation of The Children’s Treatment Centre
- Board Chair of Mainstreet Credit Union
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of Entegrus
- With his wife Christine, Darrin cochaired the United Way of ChathamKent’s 2006 fundraising campaign
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance
Online Voting October 3rd – October 16th
Advanced Poles Open October 13th – October 15th
Election Day October 24th
For all election information please